A totally backward understanding of the role of clouds in #ClimateChange by CarbonBrief
"A new study helps unravel one of the biggest uncertainties for scientists making climate change projections – how clouds will be affected as the Earth’s warms up."
Ned Nikolov, Ph.D. @NikolovScience
Clouds do NOT change in response to warming. Instead, #climate warms in response to a decrease of global cloud cover/albedo. Why is it so difficult to grasp this simple fact?
Joh A @Latebird2013 ()https://twitter.com/Latebird2013/status/1153091156881883136
Replying to @hoffballs @NikolovScience
- Changes in Earth’s Energy Budget during and after the “Pause” in Global Warming: An Observational Perspective, 2018
- Cloud Feedback Key to Marine Heatwave off Baja California, 2018
- Evidence for Large Decadal Variability in the Tropical Mean Radiative Energy Budget, 2002
- Decreasing cloud cover drives the recent mass loss on the Greenland Ice Sheet, 2017
- Late Twentieth-Century Warming and Variations in Cloud Cover, 2014