Saturday 11 September 2021

COVID-19 vaccination in the UK - my choice or "We give zee orders"

UK government have given out contracts for 8 different COVID-19 vaccines.

Four issues dominate my thinking on this:

  • Choice: When I asked whether I could chose which vaccine to take, I was told I have no choice in it. Make an appointment, and you'll get what's available on the day. I find this attitude unacceptable. It's as if, as kids, NHS proto-bureaucrats watched those bad NAZI movies from the 1940s onwards where the NAZI villains stampt their jackboots and snap: "We give zee orders". Instead of thinking "scumbags" - like normal people do), our NHS proto-bureaucrats thought "Yes - that's me - I'll be giving orders too when I grow up.". It won't do for me. I demand choice.
  • Safety: I fear the genetic delivery systems of most of these vaccines, especially the mRNA ones making spike protein. Because (1) I believe the spike-protein is, itself, toxic, and (2) I fear the amount of S-protein made is highly variable depending on the person and circumstances. I fear that our natural reaction to the S-protein can kill or seriously debilitate us for the rest of our lives.
  • Over-reach: Government demands for mandatory vaccination are authoritarian over-reach, which is unacception. I almost feel that I must reject all vaccines until governments stop behaving like NAZI villains from world war 2 movies.
  • "everyone should be vaccinated"?: I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'm a pro-vaxxer. I've always taken vaccines in the past when they were conveniently available to me. But, this time - with so many spooked politicians and regulators waving everything through - I'll take the safest one.

Based on what I know about the vaccines, I'd avoid all vaxxes which deliever the vaccine using a genomic vector; which is most of them (5). I'll provisionally recommend 3. My preference is for Valneva, NovaVax, GlaxoSmithKline. In that order. Beware: a 2nd GlaxoSmithKline vax is in the works, and it will be another S-protein made using mRNA.

Y/NManufacturerOrdered by UK (m)Description
NPfizer BioNTech135messenger RNA making S-protein, adenovirus delivery
NOxford AstraZeneca100DNA making mRNA which makes S-protein, adenovirus delivery
YValneva100"inactivated whole virus particles of SARS-CoV-2 with high S-protein density, in combination with two adjuvants, alum and CpG 1018", (link)
YGlaxoSmithKline60"adjuvanted recombinant protein-based vaccine candidate"
YNovaVax60COVID-19 S-protein, also protects against delta "unlike the other three approved vaccines that “work by tricking the body’s cells to manufacture the parts of the virus that then trigger the immune system,” it “is made up with proteins from the virus already attached to a carrier and these trigger the immune system directly”, explained University of East Anglia professor in medicine Paul Hunter." (link)
NCureVac50messenger RNA making S-protein, adenovirus delivery, (link)
NJanssen20messenger RNA making S-protein, adenovirus delivery
NModerna17messenger RNA making S-protein, adenovirus delivery

News:

UK ends Valneva contract with French company.

Unlike the RNA and DNA vaccines, which only make spike protein, and are known to kill or maim some people, the Valneva vaccine was more traditional with no genomic part: an "inactivated whole virus particles of SARS-CoV-2 with high S-protein density, in combination with two adjuvants, alum and CpG 1018".

French cry foul "It smacks of revenge following AstraZeneca's problems..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's no Greenhouse Effect

Gerhard Gerlich and Ralf D. Tscheuschner, calculate the change in heat physics properties of air with 0.03% CO2, and 0.06% CO2 resprectively...